Lean transformation of the Marketing processes at Statoil retail
- Perform a full Lean pilot in the full end to end process of campaign production in one country and at EU level in order to identify and start implementing improvements
- 22 weeks program including a diagnostic, design and implementation phase
- Secure an improvement plan following the pilot in order to sustain the implementation of the required changes
- Coach 2 navigators so they become autonomous lean experts at the end of the pilot
- Efficiency gains of +/- 20 % were reached in the pilot country.
- The time required to produce a campaign was improved with 12 %
- A new simplified campaign structure and team organization was defined
- A new EU centralized dB on products and campaign sign was set up
- Material Supplier’s contracts were centralized
- Survey customer response on products and campaigns (e.g. ifo channel used)
- Waste / hindrance analysis of end to end process across all departments
- Review of IT tools, meeting structures, performance follow, Roles and Responsibilities, Joint marketing revenue contracts, supplier relationships and network operations/feedback regarding campaign execution
- Redesign campaign hierarchy and structure including roles and responsibility at EU and country level
- Remove waste / hindrance in interfaces between departments involved in the end to end process
- Tender Agency/Print/ Distribution operations
- Redesign campaigns signs management system / Optimize sign variation
- Design standards for product and joint marketing revenue deals selection.
- Redesign product supply process to the stations
- Implement new channel mix
- Implement designed process improvements
- Work out detailed step plan for reorganization
- Work out detailed step plan for production and implementation of new tools
- The new owners had a very specific view on marketing that needed to be merged with the Lean way of thinking.
- Many other projects were ongoing in all countries locally that had to be coordinated with this overall project
- Near the end of the project a totally new team came in at the top – the project findings had to be adopted by the new team as well.